Pages

BlogLovin!

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 28, 2014

Word Families, Sight Words, and Crafting, Oh My!

    I have ALWAYS loved word families, they are one of my favorite things to teach the kids. We had a   lot of fun with them this past year. This weekend I made something I am SO excited to use in my classroom. Word Family Boxes! My aunt had ordered a ton of these little mint tins for a project she was working on and let me buy a few, so I decorated them with one of my favorite things  obsessions: Washi tape! It is sooooo fun and makes everything look pretty! I filled each box with some hard cardboard letter chips I found at Jo-Ann's and they fit in there perfectly! Now the kiddos can get these out during word work and practice making words. I put letters in there to make both real words and nonsense words.



    How cute is this tape y'all? FOR REAL??? I just want to put Washi tape on everything!

 Here is everything I used! I got these letter chips on sale a few weeks ago at Jo-Anns. I bought two packages and I can't wait to think of an idea for the rest of them. They are so cute and look like they will hold up really well! The stickers came from Wal-Mart and are so pretty and glittery! 

Along with sight word boxes, I was pretty busy this weekend! I found a really neat freebie from Kinder-Craze and quickly got to work on it! I love sight words (probably my first real love in the classroom!) and I love bright colors, so this idea was just too fun to pass up! 
 Maria had all of the pre-primer and primer sight words (She had other word list options available too) on an avery label template! I LOVE LABELS! This was so easy to do. I just printed the labels, slapped them on brightly colored card stock, and BAM! I now have sight word cards to work on with the kids during small group! 
Thank you Maria! Check out her blog post on Freebie-licious


I was busy working on some other fun things this weekend so make sure to stay tuned this week because I will be sharing them! 
Happy Monday!
Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs